Monday, July 7, 2008

Today's Prayer

Dear God,

People can be so mean to one another through their thoughtless words. It has happened to me ... and at times I may have caused pain on others through words I've uttered.

Please help me to think before I speak. I pray that I will always think of others and their needs, their hurts, their circumstances, even their personalities in the way I speak and respond. I pray that every brother and sister in Christ would speak words of encouragement, exhortation, and the truth in love.

If there is a need for confrontation, may it be through following biblical principles that the name of Jesus be lifted up and that you will be glorified through it all. May I never be rude or uncaring and may I never say words that leave that impression.

Thank you for helping me and for blessing me. In the name of Jesus I come to you.

Amen.

No comments: