- Voting publicly recognizes that we submit to the authority of the political system in our nation as established by God. Romans 13:1-7
- Voting recognizes the equality of all people and their right to speak and be heard. Deuteronomy 10:17-19
- Voting is one way that we can obey God's command to seek the good of those around us and our nation as a whole. Jeremiah 29:7
- Voting shows that we care deeply about who our leaders are as we are urged to offer prayer and intercession on their behalf. 1 Timothy 2:1,2
- Voting is a simple yet significant way we can do something about politics in our nation. 'All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing', Edmund Burke. Psalms 34:14
- Voting makes a difference the way a grain of salt makes a difference, and that is how we are to influence our society for good. Matthew 5:13
- Voting is a privilege not to be taken for granted. Those of us who reap the benefits of living in a democracy should play a part in upholding democracy.
- Not voting is a form of voting, as it will influence the outcome. We need to take responsibility for our actions, as well as our lack of actions. Luke 10:25-37
- Voting is part of our stewardship to use all the resources we have been given in ways that honor God; to waste a vote is to squander a gift.
- Voting is Biblical. The Bible contains numerous references to "casting lots." (ex. Proverbs 16:33) Acts 14:23 shows that the early Christians elected elders by voting.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
"The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching" (1 Timothy 5:17).
“Only through a return to faith in God, as God revealed Himself to man in Jesus Christ, can modern man and his society find redemption from the tyranny of evil.”
“114 became ministers; 13 were state governors; 3 were U. S. Supreme Court judges; 20 were U.S. Senators; 33 were U. S. Congressmen; Aaron Burr, Jr. became Vice-President; and James Madison became President.”
Monday, October 18, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
- At the heart of Pentecost is Holiness
- Your entry into cutting-edge seminary training
- "Be ye holy" is not a Christian option!
- "Peace" and "Holiness" reflect two sides of the same person
Friday, October 1, 2010
The Holiness Seminar at the Pentecostal Theological Seminary in Clevaland, Tennessee is fast approaching. If you have not registered, now is the time to do so. Go to (www.ptseminary.edu) to the flashing panel (item 2). Complete the Registration Form and click to send it.
If you have a minister friend nearby, perhaps you could call and invite him/her, and travel together You may order the required reading books. Book prices will be sent with the syllabus.
This seminar is especially designed for the Church of God of Prophecy, the Church of God, and other interested parties. We look forward to this historic gathering to discuss a doctrine we mutually embrace.