Leading ourselves requires:
- Being led by Christ, not by our own desires
- Understanding God’s direction for our lives
- Being willing to change when God redirects us
- Valuing others above ourselves
- Accepting stewardship and accountability for those that we lead
These five points are a simple summary of what the Bible tells us. We are given skills and spiritual gifts that God wants us to use to be stewards over others while making a difference in the world. If we are not willing to lead ourselves by following our Lord and Savior, how are we to lead others?
[from "Agile Ministry" by James Higginbotham]