Leadership is often a solitary role. While leaders are often responsible for those they lead, they often go under appreciated. They spend long hours making sure things are taken care of, with little thanks in return. We all hope this isn’t the case, but unfortunately it happens more than we like.
How can you love your leaders? Try giving back to them. Here are some ideas:
- Give them a sincere “thank you," perhaps with a short story on how they have positively impacted you or others
- Send a thank you card and enclose a gift certificate to their favorite store (something non-churchy can make it more personal)
- Give them a weekend off by covering for them
- Babysit (or hire babysitters) to care for their children and give them a date night with their spouse
- Give them a nice meal by cooking or providing a gift card to a nice restaurant (no fast food)
Take some time to love the leaders you report to and the leaders you serve alongside.
[from Agile Ministry by James Higginbotham]