Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pastor Joel Osteen's Typical Schedule

(In a recent interview, Pastor Joel Osteen described his typical schedule as:)

Mondays and Tuesdays I try to take off.

Wednesdays I read and study and pray. I have a stack of notes for potential sermons. I get a theme, and once I feel good about a simple thought, I read and find stories on that.

I get up real early and write my sermon on Thursdays.

Fridays I finish writing it and take three hours to go over it. I really get it down in me.

Saturday I study it for several hours and finish getting it down in me. I have a real good memory. I rest Saturday afternoon before the Saturday night service, and I also preach two Sunday morning services.

Sunday afternoon I edit the sermon for the television broadcast. I’m just used to doing that. That’s how I started.

(What do you think? Does Joel Osteen's schedule place his priorities in line with Scripture? How much visitation does he do? How is pastoral care provided? Is it Biblical for a pastor to spend most of his time in the Word? What is the NT role of deacons? What is the NT role for all members of the Body of Christ? What church cultures prevent church growth?)

(Click on "comments" below and leave your comment.)

1 comment:

Wanda Nelson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.