- One of the greatest gifts to the church is Twitter.
- We're not here to build a program. Programs start big and die quickly. We're here to continue a Movement.
Vision Is A Team Sport
- We think of vision as solely for the communicators or point leaders. But, Vision is a team sport. It’s football. Vision is for all. It’s not golf.
- Vision-casters are vision-carriers. Vision-carriers are vision-casters.
- “What we need is not new insights. What we need is what we already know.” – Mark Twain
- The long-range impact of vision casting depends on the number of vision-carriers moving and carrying the vision forward.
- The four words that limit the vision of any organization: “It’s not my job.”
Three Things All Leaders Must Do To Make Vision A Reality
- Cast It
- Live It
- Celebrate It
Levels Of Vision Buy-In
- Level 1 – People buy-in to the vision in order to benefit from it.
- Level 2 – People buy-in to the vision in order to contribute comfortably to it.
- Level 3 – People buy-in to the vision enough to give their lives to it.
If you're in the church, you're a vision caster.
Your role as a leader is to convince people if they don't join your movement they will miss out.
Your role as a leader is to also move people from Level 1 and 2 to Level 3.
Most people in Level 1 are complainers.
What Vision Is NOT
- Vision is not limited to a one-time event.
- Vision is not information. Your people are saying ”Don't inform me. I am already bombarded with information. Inspire me.”
- Vision is never urgent until it’s too late.
- Vision must be put on your calendar.
- Each day ask “What did I do today to cast Vision?”
- Make people feel uncomfortable with the statement “I did nothing today relative to the Vision.”
- Vision is daily.
- Vision is consistent.
- Vision not repeated is just a one-time dream.
How To Continue A Movement
- Start where you are.
- Use what you have.
- Do what you can.
- Know that vision-casters and vision-carriers are great story-tellers.
- You have an incredible vision-casting tool called a Thank You card. My goal is to send three handwritten cards daily … Here’s how you helped make the vision a reality.