Time and circumstances have a way of vindicating a person who has been falsely accused, but it does not erase the scars left behind or the impression in the minds of many.
If you haven’t been falsely accused, you probably will. Remember this:
- In time, the truth usually surfaces.
- In your heart, you know what’s right.
- We most often are stronger after the dust has settled.
- Neither revenge nor retaliation is ever the solution – nor is self-defense. All of that is God’s business.
- Forgiveness is a must. If you don’t, it will eat at you like a cancer.
“Do not take revenge, my friend, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’ says the Lord” (Rom. 12:19).
[by H.B. London]