As a father, can you honestly say the following?
- I often discuss things with my child.
- I praise my children for things they do well.
- I know what encourages my child.
- I am a good example to my children.
- I try not to vary much in the way I deal with my children.
- I read the scriptures with my children often.
- I express affection to my children.
- My child and I often do things together.
- I know what motivates my child.
- My children know what to expect from me.
- I pray with my children.
- I tell my children they are special to me.
- We have a family worship time in the home.
- I teach my children skills.
- I talk about spiritual things with my children.
- My child and I have fun together.
- I tell my children I am proud of them.
[National Center for Fathering]