Sunday, February 22, 2009

So You Are A Leader?

Here are seven diagnostic questions you need to keep asking yourself as a leader, to determine if you are fulfilling God's Call with your personal life, and staying holy and healthy.

DO I REALLY KNOW GOD? If ministry activity were taken away from me, would I still have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus?

DO I TRULY PURSUE INTEGRITY? Are there areas of ongoing secrecy in my life that I am intentionally hiding from those closest to me?

AM I BEING MYSELF? Am I living under the self-imposed pressure of always having to prove something to somebody?

DO I OWN RESPONSIBILITY? Do I acknowledge my mistakes or do I project blame and use my influence to vent unresolved anger?

DO I EMBRACE CHANGE? Is my attitude faith-filled and future-focused or am I overly nostalgic of the past and fearful of taking risks in the present?

DO I LOVE LEARNING? Am I coasting intellectually or am I applying myself to the disciplines of personal study and reflection?

DO I LIVE JOYFULLY? Do I love what I am doing or have I taken the pressures of ministry onto myself?

[by Pastor Jim Bradford]

No comments: