The Tomlinson Center (a combined effort between Tomlinson College and Lee University) will now double class offerings by not only offering a Bible track but now a Pastoral Track.
Beginning in the 2009 Spring semester, they will offer the Educational Ministry of the Church, Introduction to Preaching 1, The Christian Family, and The Pastoral Ministry 1.
In the Fall of 2009, the Pastoral Track will continue with The Ministry of Preaching 2, Contemporary World Religions, The Pastoral Ministry 2 and Pastoral Counseling.
TC Director Dr. H. E. Cardin said, "We are excited about this growth and you will see the capable teaching staff consists of seasoned scholars that are also involved in full time ministry (overseers, pastors, and more). We will continue our Bible Track as well."
Another new development is the "Dual Enrollment" program. High school juniors and seniors are now able to take classes from the Tomlinson Center. To qualify, the high school junior or senior must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale). They must have an ACT score of 19 or higher or SAT score of 930 or higher.
They may take in:
- Spring 2009 - Introduction to the New Testament - BIB 102 - Dr. H. E. Cardin
- Fall 2009 - Introduction to the Old Testament - BIB 101 - Bishop Tim Harper
1. Seek approval from your high school guidance office to participate.
2. Complete the Admissions Application - See http://www.tomlinsoncenter.com/ web site. You may call the director - (423) 559-5324.
3. Submit high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores along with your application and application fee.
4. Upon acceptance into the program, you will be sent your Tomlinson Center email account and instructions for enrolling in classes.
What should you expect with an online course?
Online classes blend the best of independent research with the traditional campus model in a virtual classroom environment. Over the course of the semester, you log onto classes for online lessons, assignments, discussions, etc.
Materials are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout the term. During a course the instructor may schedule times to meet online with you for discussion, lecture, and/or mentoring. The number of study hours necessary to complete a Tomlinson Center online course is similar to that of a traditional resident course.
Online courses offered through the Tomlinson Center utilize the ANGEL online learning platform. To verify that your computer system meets the minimum technical specifications required for online learning, go to http://angel.leeuniversity.edu/ and select HELP in the left column. Select "Resources" from the top menu bar and choose "Recommended Browsers and Computers." This link will list the hardware and software requirements for using the ANGEL online learning platform.
For questions about our new classes or dual enrollment, please contact:
Dr. H. E. Cardin
P. O. Box 2910
3270 Keith St. NW
Cleveland, TN 37320-2970
Office (423) 559-5324
Fax via e-mail (817) 582-5324
Fax (423) 559-5461
For an application, visit the Tomlinson Center web site:http://tomlinsoncenter.com/
Recap of Classes Spring 09 New Pastoral Track!
- Educational Ministry of the Church - CHED-241 - Dr. Fred Lawson
- Introduction to Preaching 1 - PAS 261 - Dr. H. E. Cardin
- The Christian Family - PAS 264 - Pastor Andy Washburn
- The Pastoral Ministry 1 - PAS 461 - Dr. Sylvester Smith
Spring 09 Continuing our Bible Track:
- Introduction to the New Testament - BIB 102 - Dr. H. E. Cardin
- The Gospel of John - BIB 204 - Dr. H. E. Cardin
- Methods of Bible Study - BIB 261 - Bishop Tim Harper
- Wisdom Literature - BIB 303 - Pastor Jack Anderson, Jr.
Fall 09 New Pastoral Track!
- The Ministry of Preaching 2 - PAS 262 - Dr. H. E. Cardin
- Contemporary World Religions - PAS 352 - Pastor Phil Pruitt
- The Pastoral Ministry 2 - PAS 462 - Dr. Sylvester Smith
- Pastoral Counseling - PAS 464 - Bishop Tim Harper
Fall 09 Continuing our Bible Track:
- Introduction to the Old Testament - BIB 101 Fall - Bishop Tim Harper
- Minor Prophets - BIB313 - Pastor Jack Anderson, Jr.
- The Synoptic Gospels - BIB 312 - Dr. H. E. Cardin
- The Pastoral Epistles - BIB 304 - Bishop Tim Harper