Sunday, January 4, 2009

Today's Prayer

Dear God, what a mighty and awesome creation you have made.

As I sit here and hear the wind blow, I am reminded of your power. Like the wind gently ushers refreshing breezes, so you refresh my spirit. Like stormy winds blow hard, clearing the air and drying the puddles after the rain, so rushes in your comfort, drying my tears and clearing my mind. Like the strong winds of a hurricane command my attention, so your Spirit convicts my heart when I am thinking or doing the wrong thing. Like a brisk wind invigorates my senses, so your Holy Spirit revives and inspires my soul.

Thank you, God, for all you have given, all you do, and for your great love for me. You truly are awesome and I look up to you, my Heavenly Father and Creator, from whence cometh my help.

In Jesus name I offer my praise to you. Amen.

No comments: