1. Simply wanted a break from church.
2. Church members seemed judgmental or hypocritical.
3. Moved to college and stopped attending church.
4. Work responsibilities prevented me from attending.
5. Moved too far away from the church to continue attending.
6. Became too busy though still wanted to attend.
7. Didn’t feel connected to the people in my church.
8. Disagreed with the church’s stance on political or social
9. Chose to spend more time with friends outside the church.
10. Was only going to church to please others.
[From Essential Church by Thom S. Rainer and Tom S. Rainer, III]