Friday, January 2, 2009

Today's Prayer

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33).

O dear Father, you know the tribulations I have faced and will face. Thank you for giving me hope in the face of these trials and temptations!

Please bring this Scripture to my mind whenever I am feeling down due to whatever may come. I am so happy and thankful that you have overcome the world and given me hope and a future. Because of your power and love and sacrifice, I too can overcome the world!

You give me joy and cheer and initiative to keep moving forward. You are my greatest inspiration and encouragement, and I love you.

In Jesus' name I come to you, amen.

No comments: