Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What Is The Highest Office On Planet Earth?

[By Pastor Steven Furtick]

Yesterday I indicated that today I would be writing about how to become a catalyst of courage. I changed my mind. Instead, today I want to share a few thoughts on how blessed and humbled I feel to hold what I consider to be the highest office on planet earth. I guess it sounds pretty funny to address the pastoral ministry that way. But that’s how I feel. I honestly feel like the office of the pastor is the most powerful office in the world.

I feel that way every time I watch the endless debates on CNN and Fox News. No matter who’s in office come November, and what kind of change they do or do not affect, I get to affect eternal change every Sunday as I speak for God … and that’s a fact.

In the next few days (for real this time) I’ll explain why I take my calling to be a pastor so seriously in a day and age when religious professionals often aren’t taken very seriously at all. I certainly don’t believe for a minute that being a pastor makes me better or more special to God than anyone else.

But I’ll tell you this: from my vantage point, it’s the greatest responsibility that could ever apprehend and consume a human being.

[http://www.stevenfurtick.com/]

No comments: